Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Grandchildren: Chapter 1

I've decided to post about each of my grandchildren around their birthday time.  I'm going to start with my youngest grandson, Nickolas Wade Leavitt. His 10th birthday was on August 31st.  He is the youngest of three children in his family. Nick is a cheerful, happy and smart young man and makes friends easily. He had to start a new school this year since he and his family moved in with us. He made friends right away. From what I can tell he is obedient to his parents and seems to want to please them. His middle name is the same as my second son, Wade Phillip Leavitt.  Wade only lived 5 months upon this earth, so my oldest son, Drew and his wife, Chris, decided to remember Wade by giving Nickolas his first name as a middle name.  I was very touched when they revealed what they were doing.

Nick likes and has been active in cubscouts.



With a lot of hard work and support from his parents and leaders he received his Bear just a few days before his 10th birthday.








He is now a Webelo and has an awesome Webelo leader, Travis Millet, who was in attendance when Nick received his bear. You can see Travis from the back in the pictures above.  He is wearing the blue striped shirt.

Nick is a Lego lover.  With his birthday money he was able to add to his Lego collection.




I love Nick and his sense of humor.  He takes life as it comes and seems to roll with the punches. It's a treat to have him in our home now along with his family. They add so much to our home. I am so proud of Nick and know he will grow into an awesome priesthood holder, missionary and father when the time comes.

1 comment:

  1. I could easily say “Ditto” to what my marvelous wife has already stated. But feel compelled to add a few thoughts.
    Nick is all boy, he loves to play and has a great laugh which goes right along with his quick wit. Nick also has a keen eye and thinks well on his feet. One of Nicks loves is putting puzzles together. He easily rallies to the challenge and doesn’t tire of working on a puzzle he has previously completed.
    Sweetheart, this is a grand idea you have started. I Love You and cherish the knowledge that we will be together.
    Always and Forever
    DEAN

    ReplyDelete