Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving and Gratitude

I feel I would be remiss if I did not make a post for Thanksgiving.  I can safely say that the last two years have been a couple of the toughest years that I've had.  However, I'm not going to focus on the negative, but the positive. I like the quote, "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."  ~Epictetus


I have so, so much to be thankful for that I can't even begin to name everything. However, I am grateful for what my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has done for us.  I know there is a plan for each of us and we have to stay in tune to be able to follow that plan.  I know that even though I have strayed from the plan many times, that I can always get back on track.  That is what our Savior has done for us. He made it possible to keep getting back on track. "Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us." By Lauryn Hill.  Wouldn't it be nice if everyone remembered this? 

I'm so grateful for my family.  I have the best family.  They are all so much fun to be around and I am truly blessed.  This year for Christmas we hope to have family pictures taken.  We haven't done that in a very long time.  Our niece, Rachel, is going to take them.  We'll start with our family reunion this coming Saturday. We are finding that it is a challenge to schedule time to get all our children and grandchildren together.  But that's what happens with a busy family.

And I am so grateful for my husband, Dean.  He has given me a wonderful life and stuck with me through thick and thin. He treats me like a queen and I'm thankful for that.  He lifts me when I am down. I love him very, very much, more than I can show or express.

So now at Thanksgiving and always I am full of gratitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment