Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Year

I don't make New Year resolutions.  I make resolutions throughout the year.  The first Fast Sunday of this year our Stake President asked the Stake to fast especially for the unemployed and those who need to better their employment.  I'm employed and I'm thankful for that.  My husand has a great paying job.  Having said that my husband is 65 and wants to retire sometime in the near future.

With the pending retirement in mind I need to find a full time job with benefits.  Right now I am on my husband's insurance but once he retires I lose that. I love working where I'm at but I don't have much hope to go full time. And I'm not sure their benefits are the best.

I keep in touch with a gentleman named Doug that runs a networking group.  I attended this group before I got my first job back from unemployment.  Because of the hours I had to work I couldn't attend the group but I kept in touch with this Doug.  I wasn't extremely happy with the job I was working even though it was out of the home.  And I worked evenings Tuesday through Saturday and there were no health benefits and no extra time off.  I was grateful for the job though because I needed to get back into the job market.

Then Doug sent me a job opening that was with the law firm of Dennett Winspear.  Long story short, I interviewed and got the job.  It is 30 hours a week and better pay than the job at home but considered part time so no health benefits.  I love working with these people.  They are fantastic.  And I love what I do.

I'm torn between being loyal to the fact that Ryan Dennett and Gina Winspear gave me a job even though I looked "overqualified", and the fact that I need a full time job.  I have kept in touch with Doug. Yesterday I went on an interview with a CPA firm that is looking for a secretary/receptionist. The interview went great! I love visiting with the three people I interviewed with and the place would be fantastic to work at. But I know there are other candidates, how many I don't know.  I should hear by the end of the week since they looking to start someone as soon as possible since it's the tax season and they are starting their busy time. 

I always want to give 2 weeks notice but that could be a deal breaker if I'm offered the job. I mentioned that if I'm offered the job I'd like to give at least 1 week and they seemed open to that.

I feel the Lord has me in mind.  I feel the fast that our Stake had is being very effective in my life.  Even if I don't get the job I know the Lord is thinking of me and loves me. My faith in a loving Heavenly Father is strong. I know that no matter what the outcome, there is a good reason for it.

I subscribe to a page on Facebook called Positive Outlooks. The other day it posted the following and I loved it:

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.”~ Via Wordless-Your way for Inspiration

And this picture came with it:


What an awesome picture! This is something I definitely need to remember. I have a lot of fears and bless my husband's heart he deals with me and these fears so wonderfully.  In fact he helps to calm these fears. 

I do know I need to work on my faith and each day when I find myself lacking in faith and becoming negative I stop and remind myself that I am so very blessed.  Sometimes I even count my blessings to remind me that things are great. 2012 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment