Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

My Angel Mother

Yesterday would have been my mother's 88th birthday if she was still alive. It's been 11 years since she passed away but I still miss her a lot. She was a wonderful, awesome mother and a true friend. I look so forward to the time when I will see her again and be able to feel her loving arms around me.

Below is a poem written by Abraham Lincoln about his mother. It reminds me so much of mine.

All that I am, all that I hope to be
I owe my angel mother;
My hand she guided as I learned to write,
My feet she guided in the ways of right,
My hopes she cherished, like a flame of light,
God bless her soul, God bless her memory,
My angel mother.

 Her weary hands are crumbled into dust,
But they shall live in leaves of forest trees;
Her tender heart may make sweet flowers I trust,
Heaven bless her soul, Earth bless her memories,
My angel mother.

-- President Abraham Lincoln

As the childrens primary song says, "Dear Mother all flowers remind me of you."

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog. You always do a wonderful job of engaging my thought processes.
    It gave me cause to reflect on Motherhood. What a noble and sacred calling. As I think
    Of our mothers and include the fact that you are the Mother of my children. I am able to
    count my blessings as consider all women in my life that were, are or will be Mothers.
    Thanks for your loving care, attentive time, special thoughts and heavenly examples. I
    can’t help but feel how blessed I am for the knowledge I have of Motherhood and all the
    testimonies that you bear as you go quietly fulfilling your duties. Thank You & God Bless
    You!!!
    I Love You and cherish the knowledge that we will be together.
    Always and Forever
    DEAN

    ReplyDelete