Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

Missionary Plaque


My grandson, Justin, now has his missionary plaque hanging at our chapel.


I can't believe he will be reporting to the Missionary Training Center in England on April 18, 2013.  These last couple of months since he received his call have gone by so quickly.  I knew they would because I've lived long enough to know how fast time can fly.  We are looking forward to sharing Justin's mission experiences with him via email and letter.  He has such a strong spirit. We are proud of him as we are all of our grandchildren. I expect exciting and wonderful things to happen to our family as we support him in so many different ways while he is gone. He will be giving what is termed his "farewell" talk on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013. It's been fun and exciting to watch him grow into the strong young man he is today.  His girlfriend, Shelby, is very supportive of him.  They both know this is what he needs to do even though they will be apart for 2 years. It will go by quicker than anyone realizes.  I remember when Drew, my oldest, left in July of 1989.  2 years seemed like forever.  But now I look back and that was almost 24 years ago! Now he has a son ready to serve.  I couldn't be more pleased.

We are concentrating on boosting the missionary work in our Stake.  Our Stake President, President Shields, has challenged the whole Stake to read two chapters a day out of the Book of Mormon.  What a privilege this is and what blessings we will have as individuals and as a Stake!  We are already in 2 Nephi.  We are expected to be done sometime in July.

I am so grateful for my life and for having the gospel of Jesus Christ in it. How blessed we are to live in this day and age for so many reasons!!


No comments:

Post a Comment