Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Be Soft and Love


"Do not let the world make you hard. Be soft. Do not let pain make you hate. Love. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place." — Kurt Vonnegut
 
"God  has a reason for allowing things to happen. . . We may never understand his wisdom but we simply have to trust His will. . ."
 
These quotes were posted on Facebook.  The second is from a page entitled "Words to Inspire the Soul". 
 
This time of year makes me contemplative. It is a time when we are ending one year and looking forward to beginning another. It's kind of like a new beginning.
 
I know we all have challenges in this life.  Some may feel they have more than their share but I do believe what these quotes have to say. Things happen for a reason.  We can't let them make us bitter or unforgiving.  When we forgive and love the world is a better place not just for us but for everyone else. Wouldn't you much rather feel good about life instead of letting the negative stuff get you down? I know I would. 
 
Sometimes I simply, and it can be simple, just take a deep breath and force myself to smile.  This actually does wonders.  Especially if you smile at yourself in the mirror.
 
Too many people in this world cannot let go and forgive.  Forgiving doesn't necessarily mean forgetting.  I think we remember things for a couple of reasons.  One, so we don't repeat our mistakes and two, it's in our nature to remember these things at least for a while. We may a reach a point in our lives when we can forget. At least until something comes up that reminds us.  But that doesn't mean we can't forgive. I feel all these experiences shape and mould us.  It depends on our attitude as to how they shape us.
 
I like the words "be soft".  It tells me to be kind and gentle and understanding. That's how I want to be although I fail at it often. 
 
One thing I know, I will keep on keeping on and never give up on becoming the person I'm supposed to be.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment